Congratulations to the winners of the Oregon’s Bounty Calendar Contest: Susan Doverspike, Susan Dusseault, Chloe Blanton,
Greg Ringer, Kimberly Bowe, Kellie Neufeld, Charles Leutwiler, Evelyn Spikes, John McManigal, Jane Randolph Brown, Jodi Stilp Photography, and Betty E. Duncan
A huge THANK YOU goes out to the 99 photographers who sent in hundreds of fantastic images for consideration! Competition was extremely stiff this year. Everyone who sent in a photo will receive a free copy of the 2018 calendar, provided we have your mailing address.
> 2019 Oregon’s Bounty Calendar Contest photo submissions due by Sept. 15, 2018
OFB invites the public to submit photos for the Oregon’s Bounty Calendar Contest!
The award-winning calendar celebrates all aspects of Oregon agriculture: the commodities, the people, the production, the landscape, the enjoyment, anything that depicts the beauty, technology, culture, or tradition of farming and ranching. It is sent to over 67,000 Farm Bureau members around Oregon, and thousands more are distributed throughout the year.
> The deadline is September 15.
> Digital mages MUST be available in high-resolution, 300 dpi format or higher at size of at least 8.5” x 11”, otherwise photos will be too grainy when enlarged.
> There is no limit to the number of photos that can be submitted.
Submit your images in one of three ways:
1. Email photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org, (Note that our email server has a file size limit of 10mb. You may need to send photos individually).
2. Upload photos to OFB’s dropbox at https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/OregonFarmBureau
3. Mail a thumb drive, disc, or printed photos to OFB, attn: Anne Marie Moss, 1320 Capitol St. NE, Suite 200, Salem, OR 97301.
Requirements & photo specs:
- Photos must involve farming or ranching in Oregon.
- Photos must be taken in a *horizontal format* to fit a calendar layout.
- Small, lower-resolution images can be submitted for judging, however
- Digital mages MUST be available in high-resolution, 300 dpi format or higher at size of at least 8.5” x 11”, otherwise photos will be too grainy when enlarged.
- Photos must be submitted in .jpg format.
- Photos with people may require a signed photo release. Please don’t send photos of people you don’t know.
- There is no limit to the number of photos that can be submitted.
- You don’t have to be a Farm Bureau member to participate.
• We need both close-ups photos and panoramic shots for the calendar.
• Selected photos are ones that don’t lose their impact after staying on a wall for a month. I tend to describe a good calendar photo as being “gaze worthy,” or one that doesn’t get old after looking at it for just a second.
• We’re looking for images of all types of agriculture from around the state in all seasons.
• Subject ideas: harvesting of crops, planting of crops, close-ups of ag products or crops, panoramic scenes of farmland, farm families at work or with animals, portraits of farmers/ranchers, farmers markets, county fairs, people enjoying agriculture, harvest festivals, livestock, farming scenes from all seasons.
Include with your submission:
– your name, address, phone number, and email address
– where and when the photo was taken
– indicate if you are a Farm Bureau member or not
Submission deadline: September 15, 2018.
EVERYONE who submits a photo will receive a free copy of the 2019 Oregon’s Bounty Calendar ($20 value).
The selected photographers will receive:
• The selected image or images for month pages will appear with a photo credit in the Oregon’s Bounty Calendar, which is sent to 67,000 Farm Bureau members around the state, and is distributed at Farm Bureau events throughout the year. Six runners-up will also receive photo credits.
• 10 copies of the 2019 Oregon’s Bounty Calendar
Rules: By submitting a photograph in a contest, you agree to be bound by all terms and conditions set forth by Oregon Farm Bureau, including the grant of rights set forth below; if you do not agree with these terms and conditions, do not submit an entry. By submitting a photograph in the contest, you acknowledge and agree that OFB shall have the right (without limitation or further compensation to you) to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, display, and otherwise use your entry in any way it sees fit, including the right to publish your entry online and in print with or without attribution. By submitting entries, you are declaring that you hold the copyright to the images entered or that you have secured the right to distribute the images without restriction. Entries judged inappropriate by OFB for any reason will not be eligible for prizes.
For more information, contact Anne Marie Moss, email@example.com, 503.399.1701.