2017 Oregon’s Bounty Calendar photo submissions due by Sept. 15
OFB invites the public to submit photos for possible inclusion in the 2017 Oregon’s Bounty calendar!
The award-winning calendar celebrates all aspects of Oregon agriculture: the commodities, the people, the production, the landscape, the enjoyment, anything that depicts the beauty, technology, culture, or tradition of farming and ranching. It is sent to over 60,000 Farm Bureau members around Oregon, and thousands more are distributed throughout the year.
> The deadline is Sept. 15, 2016.
> There is no limit to the number of photos that can be submitted.
Submit photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or upload to our dropbox at www.hightail.com/u/OregonFarmBureau, or mail a disc or printed photos to Anne Marie Moss, OFB, 1320 Capitol St. NE, Suite 200, Salem, OR 97301.
Please read the important information below!
Requirements & photo specs:
• Photos must involve farming or ranching in Oregon.
• Photos must be taken in a *horizontal format* to fit a calendar layout.
• Small, lower-resolution images can be submitted for judging, however
• Selected images MUST be available in high-resolution, 300 dpi format or higher, otherwise they will be too grainy to enlarge. (But you can email a smaller-res version to start with; our email server has a file size limit of 10mb. Or send files individually.)
• Photos must be submitted in .jpg format.
• Photos with people may require a signed photo release. Please don’t send photos of people you don’t know.
• There is no limit to the number of photos that can be submitted.
• You don’t have to be a Farm Bureau member to participate.
• We need both close-ups photos and panoramic shots for the calendar.
• Selected photos are ones that don’t lose their impact after staying on a wall for a month. I tend to describe a good calendar photo as being “gaze worthy,” or one that doesn’t get old after looking at it for just a second.
• We’re looking for images of all types of agriculture from around the state in all seasons.
• Subject ideas: harvesting of crops, planting of crops, close-ups of ag products or crops, panoramic scenes of farmland, farm families at work or with animals, portraits of farmers/ranchers, farmers markets, county fairs, people enjoying agriculture, harvest festivals, livestock, farming scenes from all seasons.
Rules: By submitting a photograph in a contest, you agree to be bound by all terms and conditions set forth by Oregon Farm Bureau, including the grant of rights set forth below; if you do not agree with these terms and conditions, do not submit an entry. By submitting a photograph in the contest, you acknowledge and agree that OFB shall have the right (without limitation or further compensation to you) to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, display, and otherwise use your entry in any way it sees fit, including the right to publish your entry online and in print with or without attribution. By submitting entries, you are declaring that you hold the copyright to the images entered or that you have secured the right to distribute the images without restriction. Entries judged inappropriate by OFB for any reason will not be eligible for prizes.
How: Email your digital photo(s) to email@example.com, send them via our dropbox at hightail.com/u/OregonFarmBureau, or mail a CD or prints to Anne Marie Moss, Oregon Farm Bureau, 1320 Capitol St. NE, Suite 200, Salem, OR 97301.
Include with your submission:
– your name, address, phone number, and email address
– indicate if you are a Farm Bureau member or not
– your age if you are younger than 18
– where and when the photo was taken
Submission deadline: September 15, 2016
The selected photographers will receive:
• The selected image or images for month pages will appear with a photo credit in the 2017 Oregon’s Bounty calendar, which is sent to 60,000 Farm Bureau members around the state, and is distributed at Farm Bureau events throughout the year.
• 10 copies of the 2017 Oregon’s Bounty calendar
See the 2016 Oregon’s Bounty Calendar
> See a PDF of the info above: Information on the photos for the 2017 Oregon’s Bounty calendar.
For more information, contact Anne Marie Moss, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.399.1701.