Corrections to 2017 Oregon’s Bounty Calendar for August and November.
The 2017 calendar that was mailed out incorrectly lists 30 days for August (not 31) and 31 days for November (not 30). We deeply regret this mistake and any confusion it caused.
What you can do:
1. Get stickers to put on the calendar to fix those two days: Email email@example.com. Please include your name and mailing address, or the name your Farm Bureau membership is under.
2. Print at home the corrected pages for August and November (PDF below), and attach them to the calendar.
We very sincerely apologize for these errors and hope that you can still get some use and enjoyment out of the calendar.
Click HERE for a PDF of the entire (corrected) 2017 Oregon’s Bounty Calendar, or the cover image below.
2018 Oregon’s Bounty Calendar photo submissions due by Sept. 15, 2017
OFB invites the public to submit photos for possible inclusion in the 2018 Oregon’s Bounty calendar!
The award-winning calendar celebrates all aspects of Oregon agriculture: the commodities, the people, the production, the landscape, the enjoyment, anything that depicts the beauty, technology, culture, or tradition of farming and ranching. It is sent to over 66,000 Farm Bureau members around Oregon, and thousands more are distributed throughout the year.
> The deadline is Sept. 15, 2017.
> Digital mages MUST be available in high-resolution, 300 dpi format or higher at size of at least 8.5” x 11”, otherwise photos will be too grainy when enlarged.
> There is no limit to the number of photos that can be submitted.
Email photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org, (Note that our email server has a file size limit of 10mb. You may need to send photos individually).
Or upload photos to: OFB’s dropbox at www.hightail.com/u/OregonFarmBureau, or mail a disc or printed photos to Anne Marie Moss, OFB, 1320 Capitol St. NE, Suite 200, Salem, OR 97301.
Please read the important information below!
Requirements & photo specs:
- Photos must involve farming or ranching in Oregon.
- Photos must be taken in a *horizontal format* to fit a calendar layout.
- Small, lower-resolution images can be submitted for judging, however
- Digital mages MUST be available in high-resolution, 300 dpi format or higher at size of at least 8.5” x 11”, otherwise photos will be too grainy when enlarged.
- Photos must be submitted in .jpg format.
- Photos with people may require a signed photo release. Please don’t send photos of people you don’t know.
- There is no limit to the number of photos that can be submitted.
- You don’t have to be a Farm Bureau member to participate.
• We need both close-ups photos and panoramic shots for the calendar.
• Selected photos are ones that don’t lose their impact after staying on a wall for a month. I tend to describe a good calendar photo as being “gaze worthy,” or one that doesn’t get old after looking at it for just a second.
• We’re looking for images of all types of agriculture from around the state in all seasons.
• Subject ideas: harvesting of crops, planting of crops, close-ups of ag products or crops, panoramic scenes of farmland, farm families at work or with animals, portraits of farmers/ranchers, farmers markets, county fairs, people enjoying agriculture, harvest festivals, livestock, farming scenes from all seasons.
Rules: By submitting a photograph in a contest, you agree to be bound by all terms and conditions set forth by Oregon Farm Bureau, including the grant of rights set forth below; if you do not agree with these terms and conditions, do not submit an entry. By submitting a photograph in the contest, you acknowledge and agree that OFB shall have the right (without limitation or further compensation to you) to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, display, and otherwise use your entry in any way it sees fit, including the right to publish your entry online and in print with or without attribution. By submitting entries, you are declaring that you hold the copyright to the images entered or that you have secured the right to distribute the images without restriction. Entries judged inappropriate by OFB for any reason will not be eligible for prizes.
How: Email your digital photo(s) to email@example.com, send them via our dropbox at hightail.com/u/OregonFarmBureau, or mail a CD or prints to Anne Marie Moss, Oregon Farm Bureau, 1320 Capitol St. NE, Suite 200, Salem, OR 97301.
Include with your submission:
– your name, address, phone number, and email address
– where and when the photo was taken
– indicate if you are a Farm Bureau member or not
– your age if you are younger than 18
Submission deadline: September 15, 2017.
The selected photographers will receive:
• The selected image or images for month pages will appear with a photo credit in the 2018 Oregon’s Bounty calendar, which is sent to 66,000 Farm Bureau members around the state, and is distributed at Farm Bureau events throughout the year.
• 10 copies of the 2018 Oregon’s Bounty calendar
For more information, contact Anne Marie Moss, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.399.1701.